[Con-ug-students] Reminder - Code of Conduct: Practice Rooms
ivy.chu at sydney.edu.au
Wed Jun 13 13:56:30 EST 2012
The following email has been sent on behalf of Mr Guy McEwan. Do not reply to this email. All enquiries should be directed to: Guy.McEwan at sydney.edu.au<mailto:Guy.McEwan at sydney.edu.au>
There are a limited number of practice rooms within the Conservatorium. Fair and equitable use of this resource for all SCA students relies on self-management by following some simple guidelines. Complaints have been received of instruments and belongings being left in rooms for extended periods, private teaching and not vacating rooms on the hour when requested. We would rather not introduce formal bookings and hope that a sense of fairness, collegiality and mutual respect will prevail.
The codes of conduct for the use of Practice Rooms follows. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the Venues Depart.
codes of conduct
1. Only authorised occupants are permitted in rooms. You must carry your student card with you at all times and present it to Conservatorium staff or security staff on request.
2. Without exception practice rooms are to be used for practice only. No teaching, lessons or non SCM/CHS activites are permitted.
3. Food and drink are not permitted other than bottled water.
4. You may practice as long as you wish unless another student requires the room, then you must vacate it on the hour irrespective of how long you have been in the room.
5. Lights will automatically turn off on the hour. They can be turned on again by pressing the light switch.
6. Practice rooms equipped with pianos are to be used only by pianists.
7. Music stands, base boards, stools etc must be returned to their original loaction.
8. Do not obstruct the glass viewing panel or remove sound panels.
9. Breaches of any rules may result in the rights to practice in Conservatorium Rooms revoked.
10. Please turn out the lights and air-conditioning when you leave
Do not leave any item unattended in practice rooms. The Conservatorium cannot accept liability for stolen, missing or broken items. Any items left unattended will be removed to the Security Office.
Guy McEwan | Venue Operations Manager
CONSERVATORIUM OF MUSIC
Macquarie Street Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
T +61 2 9351 1298 | F +61 2 9351 1264 | M +61 428 287 038
E guy.mcewan at sydney.edu.au<mailto:firstname.surname at sydney.edu.au> | W www.sydney.edu.au/music<http://sydney.edu.au/>
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.
Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Con-ug-students