Web-forum mailing list
Discussion about web design, particularly usability, accessibility, CMS, and branding.
This mailing list is administered by Digital and Print Media (DPM), and its purpose is to:
- Increase communication and transparency between central units providing web services, and the broader University web community
- Promote discussion and collaboration among web designers and producers of the University ("breaking down the silos")
Who is this list for?
Anyone with an interest in web best practices. This list should be considered an open invitation, so bring your friends, but please bear in mind that there is a certain level of assumed technical knowledge. Participants should be familiar with basic web technologies (you don't need to be an expert, but we don't want to be answering questions like "What is HTML?").
What to expect
We hope to encourage lively and constructive discussion on topics such as:
- Usability (how users interact with your website, and how you can improve this experience)
- Accessibility (ensuring your site can be used by the widest possible audience)
- Search engine optimisation (tuning your pages to respond to particular search queries)
- University web design/branding "standards" and guidelines
- Existing web services available to you (eg. "News and events", blogs, custom search engine, etc)
We also hope to see members asking questions, and sharing their own tips and tricks about how they solved a web-related problem. You will also have the chance to ask and provide feedback about the CMS template, and how it works (or doesn't) for you.
In short, anything web related is fair game!
- As the list is intended to promote discussion, please make sure replies are to the list, not individuals.
- Off-topic, rude, abusive, or otherwise offensive posts will not be tolerated. Offenders will be given a single warning, after which they will placed on moderated posts. Repeat offenders will be banned.
- All the usual University ICT usage and privacy policies apply.
To post a message to all the list members, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can subscribe to the list, or change your existing subscription, in the sections below.
Subscribing to Web-forum
Subscribe to Web-forum by filling out the following form. You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a private list, which means that the list of members is not available to non-members.
Fields marked * are mandatory